Of course time of covid you have nothing to do but eat and watch or learn sometimes so I tried to make a pizza bread.
I saw this video on Youtube that using more water and fermenting the dough makes the bread crunchier and you’ll have this beer like/sourdough aftertaste.
So here I go.
My pictures aren’t that great but you can see it’s a sticky dough and hard to work with especially because I don’t have a stand mixer.
Just pulling the dough in and out of the bowl.
I put them on little plastic containers and in just 30 mins they rise around 1.5 their original size. You can see the bubbly on the dough itself means the yeast are working hard.
After 30 mins I put them on the fridge and let them slowly rise overnight.
I just cook 1 of the dough in the pan for 3-5 minutes of each side and it looks great. Amazingly I forgot to take a picture. I’ll update the post so don’t worry.
The taste of ok ish. good.
The structure of the bread was great and have good small air pockets inside.
The taste was kinda just ok, I don’t think it was the fault of the bread rather it was the fault of me cooking it in a pan and not having the garlic infused butter because I don’t have butter.
The bread was also chewy which I kinda like.
- 200g all purpose flour
- 60%g of water
- 2%g of salt
- 2%g of sugar
- 1.5%g of yeast
Procedure (Making dough)
- Combine tepid warm water to yeast and sugar then stir. Let it rest for 5 minutes and you’ll some bubble forming.
- Combine all dry ingredients flour, salt.
- Mix well and need for 8 -10 minutes till you can stretch the dough and not break.
- Put on containers and rest for 30 minutes outside.
- Put dough on the fridge and let it slow rest for about a day.
- Put dough on the pan with a little bit of oil. (Use water on hands to prevent sticking)
- Let dough rest for 30 minutes on the pan it will double in size.
- Put pepper, salt and garlic infuse butter on top.
- Cook bottom layer on medium heat 4-6 minutes. (Always check on your food and judge it yourself) then the other side for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and eat it while it’s hot.
Proper way to do this is in the oven but I don’t have one so maybe you can try and comment what it’s like.
That’s it for now. I hope you enjoy. Thanks for reading.